Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2011

A spaceshuttle landed in my kitchen

Some months ago, my mother was invited to a Vorwerk party. She got home with something that i wanted to have since i first heard of it: The Thermomix. When we were invited for dinner she made delicious fresh strawberry icecream in about 1 minute. My already very high level of jelousness went trough the top...but actually I still bothered about the price of it as well, that always kept me from buying one myself.

But Vorwerk offers an option with which a new born TM owner can get additional discount: Throw a party and invite the representant and help to sell her another TM to the guests. So my mother did, but the bargain was actually fail for her: As loving mothers are she bought the one needed for the discount for me as a birthday present...maybe she won the lottery and didn´t tell me...

I couldn´t believe it...when i was searching the web for recipes and how-to´s from time to time someone always would tell me: "Well you can do it that way...but if you want it easy and can afford it use a TM for it!". First i was very sceptical. There is no food processor that can do every task and can cook the processed food at the same time...well i was wrong. The more i read about it my interest grew and now i became a lucky TM owner over night.


The first task i tested it on was preparing the ingredients for Okonomiyaki. BF hates big chunks of cabbage in it so preparing a big bunch of it (I always buy a big cabbage and freeze at least 5-6 portions of pre cut leaves) took a very long time and a lot of chopping. Now, I only had to clean it a little, cut it in halves and then in handy pieces and processed 400g each time (it is possible to do more but i needed 400g for each portion). After 5 seconds i had finely chopped cabbage. With processing carrots and chopping green onions by hand as well it took me about 30 minutes to process, mix, portion, pack and freeze everything... I don´t know how long it took me normally but I planned that kind of work on free weekends only, because of the whole work and the dirt in my kitchen from flying cabbage pieces and sore arms from grating carrots by hand...

I will surely upload some pictures of working with it later, but i try not to become all TM crazy like other people on the internet who won´t ever cook again without their TM ;)

While rearranging my kitchen to make the TM fit in it I also organized my bento stuff. Here are my little treasures:


 I seem to like boxes from hakoya most...the quality is awesome but actually i like my pink Lube Sheep and the natural lunch box, too.


Everything (exept the jubakos) fits in my kitchen drawer. You can also see my onigiri fromer collection and all the little gadgets specially for japanese food. The pink bag contains all kinds of furoshiki, kinchaku, insulated bags and bento straps. The blue box and the small box under the gyoza maker hold all the small things needed: picks, silicon cups, condiment containers, sauce bottles, cookie cutter...isn´t it neat?
But unfortunately the drawer is full now. Lets see how long it will keep me from buying new boxes...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen